Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Year in the Life

Today is my blogiversary. April 2, 2010, one year ago today, I started this blog with the post, "Hero in Your Soul." 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 192 posts. This past year for me has been one of activity and action. I think back to where I was a year ago today, and there have been measurable milestones along the way. I am at a most exciting time in my life, filled with challenges and opportunities to grow.

A year can seem forever if you are struggling and waiting. A year can fly by if you are busy and productive. The first year of a baby's life is the most amazing period of growth that person will ever experience, mentally and physically. Just in pounds and ounces alone, the typical child triples his birth weight by his first birthday. That one-year-old with birthday cake smeared on his face is quite a different animal from the newborn he was only a year ago.

Folks in business say time is money. And that is true. But if you lose money, you can always make more. But if you have lost time, that is something you never get back. Time is precious. We need to protect it and respect it.

Where were you on April 2, 2010? For sure you are a year older. Are you a year happier, a year smarter, a year healthier, a year closer to being all that you can be?

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment