Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Bright Light

"Give light and people will find the way." Ella Baker

A dear family member commented that it is a blessing to let others walk their own path. For me, I have enough trouble keeping my own life in order that I don't have the time or inclination to stick my nose in other people's business. Now if a course is obviously set for disaster, the kind and loving thing to do is intervene, but for the most part a good philosophy is to live and let live. Offer love and support and give advice when it's asked for, but have the confidence that others will find their way in life. Their personal path is unique to them.

It's not a completely hands-off approach, however. This lady who believes in allowing others to find their own way is, herself, a source of light. When I think of her, I think of a bright light of goodness and hope. Those who are lucky enough to walk in her light will find their way, no doubt about it.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment